Monday, May 17, 2010

It's almost swimsuit season...

Well, the time has come to once again stand before the mirror in a swim suit and analyze every nook and cranny. This year I'm having a particularly hard time getting back into my old bikinis. I, like many other women I'm sure, have a weight that fluctuates a little from time to time, especially during the winter months. And while this would normally not be a problem, I'm having trouble getting back down to my fighting weight where I feel good and comfortable in a bikini.

From the moment we started trying for a baby, I decided to do my best to watch what I eat and just try and make healthy choices for my body in general. However, even doing that I still need to diet a little in the springtime like I do every other year to get into a swimsuit and feel good about how I look.

Now I've stumbled into a conundrum because I can diet to my hearts content until I ovulate and then what if I got lucky and got pregnant, it would not be the healthiest thing to starve my unborn child just so I can look good on the beach! So I go back to eating when I'm hungry and not dieting, and then I get my period and I go back to dieting, and so on and so on. This is probably the worst thing that I could be doing to prepare my body for growing a baby!

If I can't be pregnant and have a gorgeous baby bump then I just want to have a flat tummy that looks good in a two piece. Is that too much to ask?! But since the flat tummy is being so elusive this year I just feel stuck being uncomfortable in my own skin. I'm thinking that perhaps it is time enjoy my body the way it is and just suck it up and move into one piece territory. I just want to feel beautiful again. Of course I'm due for my period tomorrow so it's safe to say it'll be at least another week until that happens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment