Monday, June 21, 2010

That bloated feeling...

I don't know about the rest of you ladies out there but I get seriously bloated right before I get my period. I actually gain about 5 pounds but I look like I gain 10 and I just feel generally gross. However, this month (and this is just purely speculation on my part) I think I've figured out how to keep my bloat down! This was the first month in my entire life that I actually consumed the recommended amount of water everyday (8x8oz daily) and this is the first month in my entire life that I haven't been restricted to wearing only sweatpants in the week leading up to my period because I can't button my jeans.

I just cannot believe that I have lived my life bloated for one week out of every four or so! It isn't related to being pregnant, quite the opposite really but I definitely feel as if I've had a breakthrough. I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again, but it is really amazing how I have gotten to know my own body through this whole ordeal. Oh, and for you optimists who may say, "What if you are pregnant and that's why you aren't bloated like you usually are?!" I already took a pregnancy test and it was negative, but I can button my pants, so if that's the only good thing I get this month, I'll take it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment