Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Insanity...

You know, I think that I may have officially lost my mind. I'm sitting here, having a snack and typing away while a little cup of my pee is sitting on the counter in my bathroom. I'm due for my period today, but it very often comes a day or two or three late so I really have no expectations of being pregnant but on the chance that I don't get my period today and I decide that I want to test, I didn't want to waste my first morning urine because we all know that has the highest concentration of hCG. How nuts is that, I'm saving my pee for later. This is not half a hoagie that I might want later if I can't finish it, this is a cup of pee!


The saddest thing is that I am STILL hopeful that I'm going to get a positive result! I know that I'm getting my period, I'm having the same symptoms that I do every month but I am still just so darn hopeful. I am driving myself crazy. I suppose that is part of the human condition, the thing that enables us to keep going when all other signs are pointing to stop. Although Einstein has a different opinion, he said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So, I guess according to Einstein I'm crazy and something has got to change in order for us to conceive. Then this crazy lady will just have to figure out what that something is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hard! The game/crazy emotional roller coaster is not fun..and each month means the start of a new ride you can not exit off of! So many times I have wished I could turn off this desire inside of me but you can't. I got my AF 2 days early this month :( so now goes another month of Clomid, injection shot, and we are having the HSG procedure done Tue. I want off the ride!
~Your loyal internet buddy

Kay Bee said...

I know! I want off too! Maybe the HSG will show something easily fixable. I remember on Giuliana and Bill, that reality show about Giuliana Rancic the lady that does E! News and her husband, (which I started watching because it became mostly about their fertility struggles) her uterus was leaning to one side and it was easily fixed with a colonic. Not that was able to get her pregnant or that anyone wants to get a colonic but maybe it could be as simple as that. Always hopeful!

Post a Comment