Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lesson learned...

If there is one thing that I've learned through this whole ordeal it is that I have to continue to live my life like I'm not pregnant while I'm waiting. I quickly fell into a pattern of restricting my activity and falsely believing that I could eat whatever I wanted when I was hungry just in case I might be pregnant that month. Well the boredom, depression and the 10 pounds that I gained helped me learn this lesson big time.

It also had to do with not limiting myself in my everyday life. Now, I'm not saying that if you and your partner are trying to conceive you should definitely not think twice about riding that roller coaster on your 10th day after ovulation but don't beat yourself up about that glass of wine that you had or pushing yourself during your last work out. Of course if you have extenuating circumstances, always follow your doctor's orders but we humans are built for reproduction and babies are resilient little things, even in the womb. Our foremothers didn't take prenatal vitamins or refuse to drink coffee because of the caffeine and they drank wine all the time! So I'm using my common sense and letting myself live my life while we are trying for a baby. I think it is going to make the whole process just a little easier and maybe I won't feel so let down at the end of the month if it turns out we didn't conceive because at least I didn't miss out on anything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment