Friday, June 18, 2010

Endless summer...

I made a really big decision, I decided to end my career as a nanny. I had been babysitting since I was in high school, continued throughout college and then made it into a career after I graduated. My mother could have killed me because we had both spent so much money on my education, but I enjoyed it and I got paid well for it and I was happy.

Then we got married, and we started trying for a baby. Well, you all know how well that is working out and I've talked about this before, so it shouldn't be of any surprise that I was struggling at work where I was surrounded by children. It just felt like every day I am with these kids who I have a strong bond with since I had been there since they were all babies, but they would never be my kids. This change in me came at a pretty good time, as it happens I left nannying with all of the kids going into a full day at school next year (the youngest will be in full day kindergarten) so they kids won't miss a beat with anyone new this school year and they'll have the summer to adjust to someone new. Plus I have no doubt we'll see each other from time to time.

Now I've really taken this summer for me. I'm attempting to find another job, something more in line with what I went to college for and still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that we'll most like start some sort of assisted fertility treatment in September. Half of me can't wait for the summer to be over and the other half never wants it to end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment