Monday, June 28, 2010

Another miracle...

Okay, I have a feel good story for all you women in my boat out there! I had one of my good friends over for lunch the other day and she brought lunch, her gorgeous new baby boy and an amazing story. Thank god she came with food and a good story otherwise I would have kept her baby and kicked her out.

So anyway she and her husband are friends with a couple who had been trying to have a baby for the past two years and for almost the entire second year were doing one round of IVF after another and it just wasn't working. So they gave up, assuming that they could not have children, and low and behold she was pregnant the next month.

My first thought is that we could still have a baby if someone that did IVF for a year suddenly got pregnant naturally but then I think about the odds of that happening and I get cynical. So my second thought is that my friend is just making the whole thing up and is trying to get me to spill the beans about what is going on over here as to why I am not pregnant yet, but I know the couple she was telling me about and I know that they've been doing IVF for the past year so the whole thing does seem plausible. Then my third thought is that I need to say something and stop sitting here silently deciding what I think about the whole thing before I get found out. So I say, "Oh I'm so happy for them!" (lie) "I just knew they would get pregnant!" (lie) and "Of course she got pregnant after they gave up on the fertility treatments, she was probably just so much more relaxed!" (HUGE lie!)

At the end of the day, I am happy for them, will I truly be able to share in their joy? Absolutely not, I'm too focused on my own situation right now but I do believe their story. I feel like I have to believe, otherwise the stork might pass me right on by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment