Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We are not alone...

At the fertility clinic that we go to, the procedure is that you call them on day one of your period every month and then the plan for that month is set in motion. I had my first full day of flow on Saturday (Friday was just spotting) so I went in for my day 3 blood work and ultrasound yesterday. Now, I went in pretty early, 8:45 am, and I was the third woman to get there. While I was sitting and waiting for my turn, a steady stream of women starting coming in, one would get done and two more would come in. We were all around the same age, though I was probably at the younger end of the spectrum, everybody else looked around 30 - 35. But the thing that almost made me laugh out loud was that not only was it a room full of women around my age, we were all wearing sweatpants and flip flops. We all must have been on our day 3, and who is going to wear a nice outfit while you have your period to get a transvaginal ultrasound? I had to wear a pad and there is no way I can wear anything other than sweatpants with a pad on!

It was just nice though, looking around the room at all these women, who looked just like me that are having the same troubles that I am having. We still have not yet told anyone close to us what we are going through and for a long time I had felt very alone, mostly because I couldn't talk about it, then I started writing this blog and it really helped me feel less isolated. Then yesterday, sitting shoulder to shoulder with women who have struggles just like me really hit that message home. This blog makes me feel like I'm not alone and that waiting room let me see that I am not alone. And in this case, seeing was definitely believing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your last 2 posts, as they are so true! I am excited for you that the train has left and anxious for you to start testing! And yes, you are not alone! I dont know about you, but every time I went to see my regular OB I would sit in the waiting room with glowing pregnant women who were giddy happy and usually with their husbands, and it would depress me. But now, I sit in a waiting room with women who feel the pain I feel, and desire the same thing. And it is sort of nice (not that they are going through this) but that I realize I am not alone! Best of luck!!
KB

Kay Bee said...

Isn't it nice to see (and hear!) that other women are going through this?! Whenever I start feeling isolated I can just think of you and the other gals in the waiting room!

Kay Bee said...

And a big welcome to Kaitcline! Our #2 follower!!!

Post a Comment