Monday, August 16, 2010

Busy bee...

Whoa, have I been busy! All tests are complete, all recoveries have been made and all the results were optimal. So. Where are we now? We are in Ovulation Town! I went in this morning and I had 3 ripe follicles in my left ovary so they gave me the trigger shot which means that I should ovulate sometime in the next 24 hours or so. We were given instructions to have sex last Friday and Sunday (which we did) and we are now to abstain tonight but then do it tomorrow morning and tomorrow night. So tomorrow is going to be the big day. Then in 7 days I go back in for a blood test to make sure my body is providing the right amount of hormones so that I can sustain a pregnancy, and if not then we correct that and then 7 days after that I'm allowed to take a pregnancy test. This month has been a whirlwind and it has been so different than every other month we have tried to make a baby because we now know exactly what is going on at all times. It is just so satisfying to know that I am actually going to ovulate and that it is going to happen in the next 24 hours. It takes all the guessing out of the game with the bonus being that all the stress goes out with the guessing!

Since this was our testing month we are allowed to try on our own but we're not going to do the IUI. I would be very surprised if we got pregnant this month though, my uterus has been through the wringer and I'm just thinking it might need a little break. Although my nurse this morning did say that my body responded to the clomid just as it should. I had just the right amount of ripe follicles, not too many and not just one, so I do think that egg wise we have a good shot this month. So one would think that if egg wise and timing wise we are right on the mark and my husband's swimmers are in ship shape then we should get pregnant. Oh, if it were only so easy! And now tomorrow officially begins the two week wait. Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting!!! It is so great that with techonology they can tell us when exactly to get to baby making. And its funny our few friends who do know what are going through say things like..well at least yall have a reason to do it al the time..but HA, we are quick to inform them that baby making "play time" is a lot different from just "play time". I only ever had 1 follicle with Clomid, so that is amazing you have 3!! I have a good..scratch that..I have a GREAT feeling for you this month! Plus they say that after the HSG youa re more fertile! We had yet another consultation today..but my hope that was nearly gone is now back and I am in the best mood I have been in in days. We are going to start daily injections. It is way expensive, but a lot more aggressive and intense. The Dr. thinks my brain (hypothalumus) is not working and clomid couldnt get it to respond but with injections, it gives you the hormones directly every day and so it replaces the part of the brain that is not responding...so basically if everything is working correctly like it appears, this should do the trick! I sure hope it does, almost 2 yrs later I cant take it anymore! But we only have 3 months..so fingers crossed for us both!! Happy Baby Making haha :)

KB

Kay Bee said...

KB, you just made my day! Your comment made me smile and I'm so happy you are happy! Fingers crossed all around!

Post a Comment