Friday, August 27, 2010

Pregnancy test Monday...

Something kind of good has come out of having a little bacteria in my uterus, I get to go in for a blood pregnancy test on Monday. If the test is positive I don't take the antibiotic and forget all about the bacteria, if it is negative we start on a 10 day cycle of doxycycline. The test result will be back by Tuesday so if my period is late, as it is frequently is, I'll still know whether or not I'm pregnant.

Plus, the nurse reassured me that there is nothing scary or gross about having a little bacteria in there, it happens. When she told me that if I'm pregnant we won't do anything about the bacteria that made me feel a little better. If it can be in there and not affect a baby then it really must not be that big a deal, even if the concept creeps me out. Bottom line, I just have to make it until Tuesday now and we will for sure know if this was our lucky month.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHH so exciting!!! I will be praying hard for you this weekend! I just had my first u/s today for the injections and i am on day 7 and already had 3 follicles 13, 15, and 13..so looks like they are triggering Sunday night and doing artificial insem. Tue...which is only my day 11, so I am a little worried it is too early, but I guess they know what they are doing..and better I have 3 follies...only ever had 1! I Pray this is OUR month!
~KB

Kay Bee said...

3 follicles?!!! That is SO wonderful!!! Our doctors had us try the next day after our trigger shot, which was around my day 14 but I felt like it was kind of too early also, as I usually ovulate around day 21, but I guess we'll know soon enough! I'll be sending you happy baby thoughts! I'm feeling good about all those follicles you've got!

Anonymous said...

thanks I sure hope so! I guess after a yr and 9 mo I am so skeptical so I am thinking there is no way but ill try to stay positive! But the dr told u to try the day after trigger? We were told to try night of trigger then not the next day and do iui the next. I think we may still try not sure!

Kay Bee said...

Okay, this was our thought process: since we had been trying on our own and we were unsuccessful we said to ourselves we are following doctors orders. We looked at my follicles on a Thursday and we were told to try Friday and Sunday so that in case I ovulated on my own over the weekend we'd be covered. I went in on Monday and they gave me the shot and we were told to abstain Monday and try twice Tuesday (AM and PM). We wanted to try Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday AND Tuesday but we told ourselves that they know what they are doing, so we followed our instructions. I think that with my follicles they were pretty much ready to go on their own so the shot made it so I would ovulate in the next 24 hours. You might be at a different place in your cycle than me and plus we didn't do the IUI so they might wait a little longer so they don't waste an IUI cycle when your egg(s) may or may not have left yet. It was really hard not to over try and push our instructions but we listened...we are just putting our faith in our doctors. And now we can blame it on them if it doesn't work out this month :)

Post a Comment